Sunday, July 31, 2011

Oh hey Obama


This last week my mom and sisters got to come visit us!! Kyle and I were SO excited to see them!! We hadn't seen them for almost 3 months now..which is a pretty long time for me since I only lived 26 miles away from home when Kyle and I were at college. I think after this trip Kyle has expressed to me even more how much he NEEDS a son. I thought by now he would be used to all the clothes on the ground from trying on every possible combination of an outfit trying to find the perfect one, or the phrase, "I have nothing to wear while surrounded by mounds of clothes, and the number one phrase a girl says, "I hate my hair." Now take all of that and multiply it by 3 with all 5 of us confined to our small apartment. Kyle always says we are going to have all boys, but i know secretly he wants little girls:) The first day we went and explored D.C and this lady hooked us up with tickets to go inside the Washington Monument








It was super cool to go up there and see all of DC!!! It also felt nice to be in a building that was air conditioned since it was 114 degrees with the heat index!! Kyle had to work the first day that we were in DC so we went to all of the areas where Kyle and I had already visited.  Our next stop was the Lincoln Memorial with some stops in between. 













The Lincoln Memorial is AWESOME!! One of the coolest things that I have ever seen!! We have been blessed to have had so many great leaders for our country.  Next was the White House:) 






Next Stop: ARLINGTON CEMETERY










It was so fun to have them with us, even if it was only for a couple of days!! We had so much fun and Kyle and I are so thankful for the great people my mom, Nicole, and Ashlee are!! You guys are amazing people and we love you very much!! 


K&E

1 comment:

  1. Kyle and Erika...Natalie and the girls had such a wonderful time. Thanks for being such wonderful hosts. I know they really enjoyed seeing you both and I can't wait to see you guys for a few days in Sept. Beautiful pictures of D.C.

    ReplyDelete